Brant and I have been married since June 2003. We have four kids: Madison, Maxwell, Lewis, and William. We try to keep track of the things we do, the places we go, the funny things that come out of our mouths, and the fun things we have experienced. Thus, our family blog.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

And She's Off!

I came home from work the other day and my baby girl was riding her two wheeler... sans training wheels. She has been after me for quite awhile to take her training wheels off and to teach her how to ride like a "big kid". Turns out she didn't need much teaching. After preschool last Tuesday (at the Bradshaw's), Megan (friend, neighbor, part-time preschool teacher) and Kinley (Megan's daughter) got Madison up on Kinley's bike (no training wheels) and away she went.

Madison came home from preschool assuring Kerrin that she could now ride a bike without training wheels. Kerrin, being cautiously optimistic, required a sampling of Madison's new abilities before she would agree to remove her own training wheels. Well, needless to say, Madison rides like a pro... over bumps, making sharp turns, starting, stopping, the whole deal. Of course she does have a few scrapes and bruises to show for her efforts, but they haven't slowed her down one bit. She loves riding her bike and seems almost fearless (that part worries me a little bit).

Way to go Madison... I am so proud of you.


1 comment:

Perschon Family said...

Look at all of your blog updates I had to catch up on! How fun!!! Lewis's party looked so fun. ANd what a fun preschool you guys have going!!! Glad I'll get to see you at soccer (it if ever warms up!)