Brant and I have been married since June 2003. We have four kids: Madison, Maxwell, Lewis, and William. We try to keep track of the things we do, the places we go, the funny things that come out of our mouths, and the fun things we have experienced. Thus, our family blog.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Preschool

Our co-op preschool, this year, has been so much fun. Going in I knew it would be fun, but I have absolutely loved being a part it! In fact, it has been such a success, I have already lined one up for Max for next year. It really has been a lot of fun (have I mentioned how fun it's been?) and it is nice to see how much Tanner and Madison have learned. I am in league with my good friend and neighbor, Megan. Before we began the co-op, Megan introduced me to a book geared towards teaching little people how to read... and now Madison is reading like a pro. Madison and I did the reading book on our own and finished in December. For school we have a specific math book we use to teach from and then we do a lesson of our choice!

Madison and Tanner had a very educational and fun lesson on manners. We talked a lot about the different kinds of manners and then they had a 'tea party' demonstrating how to put these to good use. Who knew eating Cheetos, having 'raisin soup',and eating marshmallows with a fork could be so much fun!

Learning about vehicles was very fun. The internet is amazing and shows you how you can make a dump truck out of an egg carton. Madison and Tanner decorated them with buttons and paint.


This year we learned about Lions, and Madison and Tanner made their own "Lion Mask." Max woke up in time to do the mask. Madison of course wouldn't do a mane because she wanted hers to be a girl, so she did a Tiger.
We had a lesson on color combinations and what happens if you mix them together. Madison and Tanner had a lot of fun mixing all the different colored water together, until it all turned brown!

1 comment:

Megan B ♥ said...

Preschool ROCKS!! Tanner loves coming to your house!!